Monday, February 28, 2011

Mini Life Phase #20.5

I was just recently skimming my dear Bits's Blog and I decided I need to write a post. There are 1,001 other things I should be doing, but you know what? For my sanity's sake, I think something along the lines of a blog/venting will be most beneficial. I'll work on the 10 page paper, service learning project, and 12 responses in my Wildlife notebook following this post.

As I am nearing the 21st year of my life, I am coming upon many new adventures. One of these adventures is the return of the missionaries! A lot of my (used-to-be) close guy friends are getting back from their missions. Some I am closer with now than I ever was before, and some have been a huge disappointment in their lack of friendship following their return. So glad I wasted all that time writing you letters over the past two years... And no, I'm definitely not bitter... So yes, it is rather monumental to have guys around who have known me for longer than just my college experience.

Another adventure that the 21st year of my life is bringing is the sudden splurge of close friends who are girls going on missions. 3 of my previous roommates/close friends are going, not to mention the countless others who are friends and acquaintances. Everywhere I turn I feel like someone else is announcing their mission call. Don't get me wrong, I am WAY super proud of them. But I can't even imagine myself in their shoes.

But if they aren't announcing their mission call, they seem to be announcing either their marriage or their sea-monkey in their uterus (aka incoming baby alert). Holy crap!

The other thing people are doing is traveling. This is one ship that I will gladly jump on board. I am going to Italy on a study abroad this coming fall semester, and I am pretty dang excited.

But still, everyday I feel more and more like I am missing a serious ship that is sailing... or more like a continent of every girl I know, moving away from this point in life. I get stuck in these mini phases of life and every time I get shoved out of my comfortable grasp of reality, I freak out a little. I mean, I have close friends from high school (not naming any names *cough* Allie Van Kampen Jones with an infant *cough*) who are married and have a freaking child! I still am a freaking child! I can barely handle steady dating! haha. Oh man. The more I think about this, the more pathetic I sound.

Regardless, I just need to say: People!.... Simmer down. I am super proud, and happy for you, but don't start thinking anything about me doing something drastic like getting married or popping out babies. We'll talk when I'm 25.


Peace and blessings,

Your favorite lost child.

3 comments:

*star said...

Ha! I got NO problem with that!

Elizabeth Jenne Cannon said...

And this is why I love you!

Allie said...

Thanks for the shout out....Ha. I looove you. You have plenty of time my dear. :) The 'right time' is different for everyone....