Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bridesmaid

I have an excellent posse at school that mostly consists of people who are related to each other, including:
Nate, Brian, and Kelsey Anderson, Tausha and Jessa Sutherland, Seth Gerard (Nate's best friend) and little old me. Kelsey, Tausha, and I are besties. Kelsey introduced Tausha to her older brother Nate. They went on a date, and now over a year later, they are married (as of yesterday). I was thrilled and honored beyond measure when Tausha asked me to be a bridesmaid, if nothing else because I was the only non-family member involved in the wedding, in that aspect. It was a downright beautiful.

Our choice of bridesmaid dress was left up to us, as long as it was cream colored. After many stressful days of speed-walking through too many stores to count, and having my dress altered the night before the wedding, my outfit was put together.

The wedding day was great. The temple, then the family (+ Stormie) dinner of Cafe Rio-esque food, and then the reception. I had a great time through it all, with my exhaustion only catching up with me occasionally. There was a great live band at the reception, and we had a lot of fun dancing with the little girls. It was a beautiful wedding day.

I've never been so involved in a wedding, or a relationship for that matter. I've been there since date #1 when I stayed up all night waiting for Tausha to get home so we could watch a movie. I was there for her when they broke up for the summer. I was there on the countless adventures to sporting events, Zion National Park, Vegas, Sacramento, Napa Valley, Island Park, and typical shenanigans throughout the past year plus. I feel such a strong connection to both the bride and the groom that I felt like I got to share a portion of their joy on their wedding day. They were both so genuinely happy, I couldn't help but be thrilled for them. They truly are the best couple I can think of, and I look forward to seeing their relationship continue to develop throughout the next many years. They deserve nothing but the best, and they both got it.














2 comments:

Hayley said...

They really are so cute together!! And so fun. Your dress is REALLY cute Stormie, I like that you all go to pick your own. 'Yall are so pretty!!

*star said...

You are so hotttttttttttt.