Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hometown Heroes

As all of my avid blog readers know, I am a Ranger Aide this summer at Bear Lake State Park (on the Utah side). I live in a camper, by myself, on the backside of the campgrounds I run... aaaaaaand I love it. This summer has been magnificent for me, and a good portion of that is due to the people with whom I work. 

My living situation definitely limits the social interactions I have with my peers, and thus I must resort to socializing with the people around me, which mostly consists of middle-aged men (also known as my RANGERS!!!!)
Introducing:
Rangers Jonathan "Bossman" Hunt and Wayne "Wayno" Earley
Deputy Rangers John "Little John" Beddingfield and Frank "Papa Frank" Keepers
Deputy Sheriffs Blaine "Imma Be" Ibey and Mark Lee
and Glen Gillies (Maintenance Man)
among others.

These men have made this summer into one of the best summers I can remember. I have been spoiled by every one of them AT LEAST once, and they cease to amaze me at how willing they all are to help others (especially me). I worked the other night and there were two lost swimmers on the lake somewhere. It was amazing to me how they took the responsibility to find them, and eventually saved the swimmers lives. I was so proud I wanted to cry. I love my posse of middle-aged men!

1 comment:

be said...

When I read the role call I felt like there should be pictures of each ranger, all in some tough pose. Maybe that should be your next post.