Saturday, August 28, 2010

Binchamin

Our dear friend Benjamin Brock Lovett came to visit us from Texas for a few days before he leaves on his mission in the beginning of September, so we took him out to Marci's ranch and taught him to be country. We had an interesting little experience while we were in the process. 

One of Marci's neighbor's cows got mixed in with hers, so we were going to move the cow through the corrals and into the trailer to take her back. She was a bigger cow and had weighted horns, which means they point straight at whatever she drives toward. Marci opened the gate to let the cow into the first corral, where I was waiting to move the cow into the next corral. Marci started to open the gate and the cow came running at it, horns pointed straight for Marci on the other side. She threw the gate back and retreated. The cow hit the gate at full speed and lifted it off it's hinges, crashing to the ground underneath it. In miliseconds it was out from under the gate, headed straight for me. I heard Marci yell, "STORMIE, RUN!!!!" in a voice that was a little more frantic than I wanted to hear, and headed straight for the closest fence at full speed. I jumped to the fence a little early, only made it halfway up, pulled myself up the rest of the way but my shirt got stuck somewhere in the process and swinging my legs up onto the top of the fence turned out to be a challenge. Of course that was all a blur (I may not have even caught my shirt on the fence until a few seconds later, I don't know). The next thing I knew I was watching the cow crash sideways into the fence at full speed underneath me while I clung desperately to the top rail. It recovered quickly from it's collision and ran into the next corral where I'm sure it was hoping to get a stab at Ben, but we all stayed well away and left her alone to simmer down. I went back the next day to take a picture, and the cow stared me down like she wanted to use me for a DDR dance pad, or a pin cushion. 

Isn't she cute? 

So... since I like pictures more than words today, I'll just put up some pictures of the rest of our trip.



















(pretend that looks like a heart)


3 comments:

Allie said...

stormie.
a) you are so dang attractive. i'm diggin your eyewear.
b) this made me laugh hysterically. sorry you almost died. but you described it in such detail that i could totally picture it all...and i actually lol'd and tyler had to ask me what was so funny. then i read this to him. :)
c)i miss you soooo much.
d)i love you
that is all.

*star said...

Run, Norman, Run!

That's Mootastic.

Joyful said...

Storm you look so dang cute in these pictures! Well, all three of you look pretty stunning really :) I miss you kids! That story about the cow was INTENSE! I got sweaty palmed!