Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grantley

This summer has been eventful to say the least, and I haven't blogged about any of it, but at this point I'm going to write about what actually matters right now.

Last weekend I went camping with Marci and some of her family and friends. Friday afternoon there was a tragic accident and Grant, her closest brother, drowned in the lake at Flaming Gorge where we were camping. It has been an incredibly difficult struggle in the days since, and I can only imagine how the Anderson family is feeling. Losing Grant has made me think a lot about things that I often take for granted. He was an amazing little man. He was the kind of person that was good friends with everyone he met. He made everyone feel welcome, and was always SO happy. There is so much I have learned and continue to learn from him. He was the only person I could really let loose and flirt with because he was such a tease with his perfect little body, long eyelashes, charming smile, and smooth talking skills... not to mention his little giggle, and the way he said "chit balls". Grant was so freaking fun. It has been such a blessing to get to spend time with him through the past few years. I love you Grantley!

One of his favorite quotes: "Every situation, properly perceived, becomes an opportunity to heal." - (A course in miracles)


 His obituary: http://www.premierfuneral.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1243805&fh_id=12144#.TlUUiPs8ikV.facebook

News clip: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=16922099

1 comment:

mErEk and DaRy said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. Prayers go out to his family and friends.